1. Transparency: You should always know what we are doing with your information (first name, second name, email address and postcode). Personal data is collected solely for the following purposes:
- To send newsletters and updates of interest about the Norwood area and the activities of Norwood Forum.
- To contact people about becoming involved in or supporting the activities of Norwood Forum.
- Postcode details are sought in order to analyse anonymously the distribution of Norwood Forum followers within the Norwood area. This helps us ensure we are reaching out to the community across the area, and therefore with our funding applications.
- Information is not shared with third parties.
- If people wish to have their data deleted then they can do so by request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be removed promptly (usually within a week).
- When the data is no longer required for the above purposes (e.g. if Norwood Forum ceased to operate) it will be deleted from all databases.
2. Handling of data: Data is stored online on MailChimp, Facebook, Twitter and Google Cloud (and possibly in the future other providers such as Survey Monkey). Only the Norwood Forum administrator and committee officers have access to this data. We do not share personalised data lists with anyone, including other Norwood Forum committee members unless there is a clear reason to do so and assurances about how that data will be used and then deleted.
3. Security: We will ensure passwords for servers and devices with access to personalised data lists are strong and regularly changed.
4. Website: By visiting our website you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We gather two types of information from you:
Information you actively give us, which includes contact details for the purpose of receiving updates from us and any messages you send us. We use this information to deal with your request and never share this information with anyone outside of our organisation.
Information your web browser gives us, such as your computer's IP address, your city and your screen size. We also monitor your use of the website by seeing which pages you visit and how long you spend on them. We send this information to Google's "Google Analytics" service so that we can measure how effectively our website is at giving you the information you're after.
"Cookies" are small files which your web browser transfers to your computer when you visit a site. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, as well as providing information to the owners of the site.
What cookies do we use?
Each cookie has a unique name which you can use to identify where it came from.
How we protect your privacy
We do not engage in any marketing or advertising practices using cookies which identify you or your computer and we never share personally identifiable information with those outside of our business.
We share anonymous website usage information with Google Analytics as listed above.
Disclosure of your information:
We may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is:
- reasonably necessary to comply with the law
- necessary to protect our rights and those of our users
How you can manage your privacy
Although using cookies helps us to improve our site, you do not need to accept our cookies in order to access our website. The majority of web browsers allow some control of cookies. Find out how to change cookie settings in your browser.
Adopted by Norwood Forum Committee (17.05.18)