Utilities: emergency contacts
Tel.: If you experience a power cut, simply call 105 for free. 105 is the new nationwide number that will put you through to your local electricity network operator – UK Power Networks the company that manages the cables, wires and substations that bring electricity into local homes and businesses.
Or 0800 3163105 (free)
Tel.: 0800 111 999 (free)
The National Gas Emergency Service deals with emergency calls from across the UK, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You will be asked for more information including:
- the address or location of the suspected gas escape or gas emergency
- where the smell is most noticeable
- how long the smell has been noticeable
- whether any neighbours are affected
- your name and phone number
- any special circumstances or access information
- is it a high population building?
Tel.: 0800 316 9800 (free)
- A leak or burst pipe.
- An issue at one of our sites such an alarm, an accident, or an intruder.
- Noisy or missing manhole covers.