Today Lalmbeth Council has launched the Lambeth Climate Action Hub. It's a website for residents, business and community groups to share projects, experiences, ideas and solutions to build a cleaner and greener local environment.
If you're involved in a great local project, or are concerned about the impact of climate change in Lambeth - check out the site and leave a comment about your experiences. The Council says once it can host the Lambeth Citizen's Assembly on Climate Change safely, these ideas will be shared with it. Read more here.
As part of the councils capital investment programme announced last week, £90m has been committed to tackle climate change and support sustainable travel. The investment includes £40m to support active travel with new infrastructure to make it safe to walk and cycle, such as redesigning streets with more, safer crossings and protected bike lanes for people cycling.
The package also includes funding for:
- More low traffic neighbourhoods
- secure bike hangar storage, especially on housing estates
- the electrification of our vehicle fleet
- green and sustainable drainage to protect from flooding
- decarbonising our energy supply with support for renewables
- measures to increase recycling