Children aged 1 to 9 years old in London are being offered a dose of polio vaccine. This may be an extra dose on top of their routine vaccinations or it may bring them up to date with their routine vaccinations.
If a child is registered with a GP, you will be contacted by the NHS to book an appointment locally, usually at your GP’s surgery. You can also make an appointment to attend some of the large-scale vaccination centres and pharmacies across south east London. Details of where they are and how to book are below.
` Children aged 5-9 years old will be able to get their polio booster:
- At Lambeth Town Hall, 1 Brixton Hill, London SW2 1RW running (No appointment needed – just walk in):
- Wednesday to Friday 14 to 16 September, from 3.15pm to 6.30pm.
- Wednesday to Friday 21 to 23 September from 3.15pm to 6.30pm.
- Saturday 24th September from 11am to 4pm
- At these pharmacies:
- Copes Pharmacy, 570-572 Streatham High Road, SW16 3QQ
- Fairlee Pharmacy, 26 Queenstown Road, SW8 3RX
- Westbury Chemist 84 – 90 Streatham high road, London, SW16 1BS Westbury Clinic (simplybook.it)
There is more information here: Polio vaccination sites - NHS South East London (selondonics.org)