Lambeth Council is asking residents to nominate their local heroes for their Civic Awards. The awards aim to recognise the incredible work that Lambeth’s community does to help others.
If the Award criteria are met, anyone can nominate a resident, an individual, a community group, an organisation, or a business that lives, works, or operates in Lambeth. Nominations for the 11 categories of awards are already open and close on 26 November 2023.
The categories are:
- Lambeth Heroes Award: Outstanding Service to Lambeth
- Sporting Achievement Award
- Artistic and Cultural Achievement Award
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Lambeth Young Achiever / Rising Star Award
- Commitment to Climate Justice Award
- Equity and Justice Award
- Business Award
- Safer Lambeth Award
- Councillors Choice – Lambeth Innovative Local Service Award
- Other (Special Recognition) Award
All entries will be considered by a panel of judges before a ceremony is held in February 2024 where the overall winners will be revealed, and their work highlighted.