Help make the area an even better place to live and work:
join the Norwood Forum Committee
We need your enthusiasm, time and willingness to get involved in the work of the Forum in connecting the local community and leading on real improvements across the Norwood area.
New committee members bring fresh ideas, perspectives and skills, as well as enthusiasm to help the local community. What are you passionate about? We will want you to:
- Contribute actively to the Forum’s work, supporting the committee officers and participating in Committee meetings (two hours, once a month) and public meetings
- Volunteer to take on specific duties and lead on projects as the need arises and that interests you.
There’s so much going on at the moment:
- Norwood Forum jointly leads the Streetworks project (the improvements to Norwood Road and forthcoming removal of the Tulse Hill one way system)
- Norwood Planning Assembly (which is developing our neighbourhood plan): Norwood Forum is joint partner and serves on the Steering Group
- West Norwood Cemetery improvements: Norwood Forum sits on the Heritage Lottery Fund Project Group
- West Norwood cultural and historic hub: Norwood Forum will be working with Lambeth Council and local community groups to take forward the aspirations set out in the Local Plan
- Committee members are involved in many local groups including West Norwood Feast, Brockwell Park Management Advisory Committee and Norwood Pensioners Group.
- Norwood Forum is a member of the borough-wide network of recognised local forums.
There’s a real opportunity for you to learn and develop new skills, e.g. organising meetings, presentation skills, writing articles, social media, website administration, and to effect real change to our local area. You can read more about the objectives of the Norwood Forum in the Constitution.
Either email us for details, wait for the next newsletter or check in on our webpage later this month when we will be providing the nomination form and candidate notes which will need to be completed and returned by Saturday 9 June 2018.
Any queries? Please get in touch
Chair - Norwood Forum