High Trees Community Development Trust are running a course to introduce you to some key skills in Community Organising.
Community Organising is the work of bringing people together to take action around their common concerns and overcome social injustice. Community Organisers reach out and listen, connect and motivate people to build their collective power. Our one-day training course introduces you to the core foundations of community organising – You will learn about:
- what community organising is
- the importance of listening to build relationships and explore issues
- power in communities and why it matters
- what motivates people to act
- how to take your next steps in community organising
Date: Friday, 24 March 2023 (9.30am-5pm)
Venue: High Trees Community Development Trust, 220 Upper Tulse Hill, London, SW2 2NS. See map here.