How VE Day is being commemorated
- 10:50am: A service in Westminster will see Commons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle lay a wreath on behalf of the House of Commons. Lord West will lay a wreath on behalf of the Lords
- 11:00am: A national moment of remembrance and a two-minute silence
- 2:45pm: In a special programme on BBC One, extracts from Churchill's victory speech to the nation announcing the end of the war in Europe will be broadcast
- 2:55pm: Solo buglers, trumpeters and cornet players will be invited to play the Last Post from their homes
- 3pm: As Churchill's speech is broadcast, people will be invited to stand up and raise a glass in a national toast, saying: "To those who gave so much, we thank you"
- 8pm: Another BBC One special will feature Welsh soprano Katherine Jenkins, actor Adrian Lester and singer Beverley Knight, who w