Wild Norwood 2019 is a Window Wanderland Winter Festival - A Magical Walking Trail to Light Up Our Streets
Friday 29 November - Sunday 8 December 2019
To end our wonderful year focussing on creativity and culture, Norwood Forum invites you to take part in our very own community Window Wanderland Winter Festival. From Brockwell Park to Crystal Palace, its incredibly easy to get involved - but what do we mean by that? Please read on!
- A fun community event that everyone can join in
- A unique event lit up by displays in local windows
- An evenings walk with a map to guide you - and see your neighbourhood in a whole new light.
Click on the posters below for larger readable versions:
- Make a display in your window. Our theme is Wild Norwood
- Or maybe lend your window to someone who wants to make a display
- Put your address on the map on our page at www.windowwanderland.com/event/norwood-2019/
Wrap up warm and go out on the night - it’s going to be magical!
And here's a few easy ideas we made ourselves:
Tissue paper overlapping cut outs remembering our peregrine falcons who nested in St Lukes clock tower earlier this year:
Cut outs from wallpaper:
Silhouettes cut from black paper using stencils found online:
Or even net curtains found at a charity shop:
Did you see us at the November West Norwood Feast?
The Forum was running workshops with materials for you to take away, a chance to cut some wild shapes for our community windows, or to take home too.
So get cutting, encourage your neighbours to get involved and set up a little cluster, and then DON'T FORGET to register yourself on the Wild Norwood map - so everyone can come and admire your windows www.windowwanderland.com/event/norwood-2019/.
Dates: Friday 29 November 2019 - launch through to Sunday 8 December 2019
Time: 6pm-9pm - these will be the main viewing hours
Lots more news will be published in the coming days on special events and projects, so like please like our Facebook page to keep in touch: www.facebook.com/TheNorwoodForum/