Norwood Forum Annual General Meeting - Saturday 16 June 2018 from 1pm
There’s a great community spirit in West Norwood
Help make the area an even better place to live and work: join the Norwood Forum Committee
We need your enthusiasm, time and willingness to get involved in the work of the Forum in connecting the local community and leading on real improvements across the Norwood area. Norwood Forum is a member of the borough-wide network of recognised local forums.
New committee members bring fresh ideas, perspectives and skills, as well as enthusiasm to help the local community. What are you passionate about? We will want you to:
- Contribute actively to the Forum’s work, supporting the committee officers and participating in Committee meetings (two hours, once a month) and public meetings
- Volunteer to take on specific duties and lead on projects as the need arises
There's so much going on now:
- Norwood Forum jointly leads the Streetworks project (the improvements to Norwood Road and forthcoming removal of the Tulse Hill one way system)
- Norwood Planning Assembly (which is developing our neighbourhood plan); Norwood Forum is joint partner and serves on the Steering Group
- West Norwood Cemetery improvements: Norwood Forum sits on the Heritage Lottery Fund Project Group
- West Norwood cultural and historic hub: Norwood Forum will be working with Lambeth Council and local community groups to take forward the aspiration set out in the Local Plan
- Committee members are involved in many local groups including West Norwood Feast, Brockwell Park Management Advisory Committee and Norwood Pensioners Group.
There’s a real opportunity for you to learn and develop new skills (e.g. organising meetings, presentation skills, writing articles, social media, website administration) and effect real change to our local area. You can read more about the objectives of the Norwood Forum in the Constitution.
Committee nominations will be put forward to our Annual General Meeting (AGM), which includes presentations on the new West Norwood Library, and from local community groups abut their work in our local community:
Saturday 16 June 2018 1:00pm - 3:00pm
The Portico Gallery, 23a Knights Hill, SE27 0HS
Any queries? Please get in touch.
Chair - Norwood Forum