Advice in 51 Languages
The Doctors of the World website has UK Coronavirus (COVID-19) advice in 51 languages, produced in partnership with the British Red Cross.
Support for the Portuguese speaking community in Lambeth
A new Portuguese language helpline to support Portuguese speakers during the current crisis has been set up by the Lambeth Portuguese Wellbeing Partnership with AgeUK:
020 3143 4060 - open seven days a week 10am-4pm
They are also looking for more Portuguese speaking volunteers to help run the helpline. Click on the images below for a larger leaflet versions:
Brixton-based community organisation Respeito, who work to reduce domestic violence in Lambeth’s Portuguese-speaking community, have arranged for translations of key information from the special coronavirus crisis edition of ‘Lambeth Talk’.
- Council Tax intervention update, including where to find help making an application
- Helpful local organisations including Lambeth Mutual Aid groups, the GAIA Centre for people fleeing domestic violence, employment support and advice
- How you can help as a volunteer, including how to register as a volunteer and how to donate food to a foodbank
- New Crowdfund Lambeth projects and how Crowdfunder is extending the scheme to make money available for schemes tackling the Covid-19 crisis
- Maintaining your wellbeing if you’re working from home or self-isolating, including managing stress, coping with the news, keeping active and overcoming loneliness
- The council’s ‘here for You’ message.
- The original English version of the special edition of Lambeth Talk is available as a PDF
- If you’d like any pages translated to any other Lambeth community language please email firstname.lastname@example.org