Rob the Chair from NAG sends a personal invite to attend their AGM, invite listed below.
Council leader Lib Peck and Lambeth chief executive Sean Harriss will be addressing and taking questions at NAG’s annual general meeting and social night on Thursday 17th September – at the Salvation Army Hall, 7pm for 7.15 start. A “Visioning of West Norwood and Tulse Hill”, including “refreshing” the 2009 Masterplan and a KIBA “health-check” is being commissioned by Lambeth (tenders invited). It’s vital that we impress Lambeth’s two leaders that we take this very seriously and will not accept the discredited consultation strategies that have repeatedly let us down. Plus, we want an implementation strategy! Policies without enablement are a waste of time and money, and very dispiriting.
Other question suggestions for the agm so far include:
- The State of Our Streets – how will Lambeth enable ‘Environment’ to achieve a step improvement in refuse collection and street cleansing?
- Are we being cheated? In these times of “hair-raising” budget cuts, what steps can Lambeth take to enforce ‘100% delivery’ from contractors?
- How will Lambeth raise low standards of communication and problem resolution for its public?
- What is emerging Lambeth thinking for our neighbourhood? (link to July cabinet report here).
- When will Lambeth make treat council tax payers as valued clients?
It would be good to have additional objectives to be initiated or achieved on that evening. Submit your ideas here and we will select the best. The definitive agenda will be in next week’s newsletter. Do also go to our Facebook agm page, register that you’ll be there and invite all your neighbourhood Facebook friends.