Norwood Forum and Tulse Hill Forum both have some funding for a freelance Administrator for a period of six months, starting as soon as possible. The role will be quite flexible depending on forum requirements but is likely to involve:
- Working closely with committee members to draw up meeting agendas and reports
- Booking meeting venues and refreshments
- Keeping membership records up to date, guaranteeing their integrity, storing data securely and carrying out backup regularly
- Helping to maintain simple forum websites with details of what’s happening in the local area
- Managing webmail
- Taking minutes of meetings (approximately one per month including an Annual General Meeting). Please note, the majority of our meetings take place in the evening.
- Circulating meeting agendas, minutes and other papers
- Inviting guests to meetings
- Obtaining public liability insurance cover for the Forums
- Managing the database, website and documents in a manner that they could be handed over to a new co-ordinator smoothly should the need arise
- Printing and photocopying
- Some coordination duties related to funding applications
The successful candidate will have suitable computer equipment to enable them to carry out the role, ( but if necessarywe will be able to provide a basic desktop computer) access to the internet and Microsoft Excel and Word. Ideally he/she will be able to demonstrate experience in:
- An administrative role and working independently
- Taking accurate, comprehensive and concise minutes
- Managing a contact list/database
Local knowledge of the Norwood/Tulse Hill Area and a commitment to involving all sections of the community in consultation and events would be an advantage.
The hours required will vary from week to week depending on the needs of the two forums. It is anticipated that payment would be monthly on receipt of an invoice detailing the work undertaken, paid at an hourly rate of £10.
Interested candidates should apply with a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Friday 27th March. Subject to satisfactory performance and further funding, the role may be extended.